About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, I am a knitter among other things. I read, a lot, probably has something to do with the fact that I'm an English major! Right now I'm in Spring mode, as you can see! I have a desire to hone my skills as a writer and this blog should help me out a lot! Thanks for stopping by!

December 7, 2010

Christmas Knitting

Yes, I am blogging about knitting. *gasp* I know! It seems so foreign to blog about knitting on a knitting blog!

In fact blogging at all on this blog is foreign, but I digress. Back to the subject at hand.

Every year I decide I will knit everybody something and every year I fail. Apparently this is not a condition that is unique to myself. Many knitters set out to knit everyone on their list some spectacular item that will be loved and cherished forever. I would also like to emphasize the "every-year" part of that statement, you see knitters can be a stubborn group in that we will continue to do the same thing hoping something will change (I think someone once called that insanity). While many have adapted and do succeed in their endeavours, often that requires beginning your Christmas knitting for next year the day after Christmas this year. I do not think that far in advanced. So I have had to make many adjustments in order to accomplish at least some of my Christmas knitting, including:

1. Sometimes, not everybody has to have something knitted.
2. If you do want to knit everybody something, only knit small items that will be fast to complete.

I chose option two this year and I am quite proud to announce that I am right on track for actually getting everybody on my list taken cared of. I might even add a couple more people at the rate I'm going (though I am not going to jinx myself by starting anything for them yet). I also further simplified my task by selecting hats as what I am knitting everyone. So far my list of patterns include, but are not limited to:

1. All-Day Beret by Debbie Stoller
2. Speedy Cabled Beret by Pauline Chin
3. A Men's Garter-Stitch Hat

So far I am really happy with the two patterns I've been working on and I'm looking forward to working on it some more.

Anyway, It's finals week and I have to vamoose.

Well Wishes,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment