About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, I am a knitter among other things. I read, a lot, probably has something to do with the fact that I'm an English major! Right now I'm in Spring mode, as you can see! I have a desire to hone my skills as a writer and this blog should help me out a lot! Thanks for stopping by!

December 29, 2010

We Are the Champions My Friends...

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas with family and friends! (Or how ever you celebrate the holidays). I had a lovely time and enjoyed time with my moms family and spent the evening with friends. I am so very blessed to have such a wonderful group of family and friends!

Guess what? I am victorious! I finished my Christmas knitting with time to spare! It meant switching a pattern AND yarn out to finish one and dropping another because I realized that the one person would not wear a hat. But I am happy, and the giftee's were happy too, which is ultimately what matters the most. So I am declaring this Christmas a victory, may there be many more in the future! (If you go to my Ravelry notebook you can find the projects).

I am enjoying my break from school. I have taken the opportunity to relax and work on some knitting and reading. I originally had a whole "Winter Reading List" but my break has turned out to be much busier than I expected so I'm sticking with the reading my profs told me about. So far I have started Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy. I have not made it too far into the book but I am liking the story so far and the readability. Much better than reading Old English (Canterbury Tales anyone?). I will probably write a review of the book later, will be a good practice for when I have to discuss in class.

I am really looking forward to my next semester, I'm taking an Ancient and Medieval Civilization class, I have been dying to take the class since I started school so I am thrilled. After this spring I will only have 13 more credits until graduation, yay! I'm not sure where I'm going after that academically, but it is definitely time to start the job search. I'm a little scared about that considering there is a certain amount of commitment that goes with getting a "real" job, but I'm ready for the challenge. It's time to take that step.

Well Wishes,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment